Our adaptation of this classic Cuban cocktail. As a sweetener, we trade the traditional sugar syrup for our mint syrup, which gives the drink a more refreshing taste, minty.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of Blossom's Mint Syrup
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 12 fresh mint leaves, plus 5 small sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda
In 10-ounce glass (such as Collins or highball), stir together lime juice and mint syrup until it blends. Add 1/4 cup crushed ice. Rub mint leaves over rim of glass, then tear leaves in half and add to glass. Gently stir for 15 seconds, then add rum, remaining crushed ice, and club soda. Gently stir for 5 seconds, then tuck mint sprigs into top of glass and insert tall straw.